- saw a portacath being flushed
- saw a guy whose hand was crushed by industrial machinery, resulting in a swollen hand with blackened and shrivelled fingers
- Saw a 6 week baby check up - cuteness factor makes the 30 minutes of doing nothing worthwhile
- Gave flu shot
- Saw some patients on my own. Very limited independent consultations still.
- Ate risotto cooked by the other med student living here. I don’t like him but I have to say his risotto is pretty effing amazing. Damn, now I have to live up to the part of cooking on the alternate days. Shit.
- In the middle of a nice hot shower. All the lights went off. Slowly reaching a state of panic, only mildly subdued by the fact I had a large glass of wine on barely any food. Wraps small towel around myself. Shivering. Male med student (who I only recently met) gives me his phone so I can go to my room and get my torch. Put clothes back on. Go out and find the whole house had a black out. Neighbours still have light. Realise the two heaters we took from the shed outside probably is faulty and caused a power trip. Went outside to look for main switchboard. Found switchboard and turned it back on. Hair dripping, supremely relieved and still in kind of a daze, return and finish said shower.
Oh rural. I’ll be able to laugh about it some day.
- Wine. Ahhhhhhhhhh enough said.